Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Summer Turns To Fall

I can officially state that my mind has turned to fall fishing. I just put an order in with Orvis for a bunch of steelhead fly tying materials (which have arrived). I already have a bunch but needed to stock up on guinea fowl feathers and intruder shanks.

Take a listen to Mark Gardener (from  Ride) - Summer Turns To Fall 

It may be super hot this week in DC, the hottest weather of the year (and of course our condo pool closed on Monday).

Here are some of the other signs that fall fishing is about to blow up:

  • Pumpkins on sale today at the grocery store
  • Instagram accounts are having more and more salmon and steelhead TBT
  • (I took a week break and am picking back up here)
  • I've ordered a bunch of tying materials for the Salmon River
  • I just booked four nights at the Trestle Pool Lodge
  • Oreo's is releasing a pumpkin spice cookie
  • It gets darker earlier and lighter later in the day (lower photoperiod)
  • I'm drinking hot tea right now
  • Wet wading gear has been removed from my car
  • Where are the flannel sheets?
  • Lots of great salmon pics from Alaska on social media right now
  • Oktoberfest beer is in the fridge
  • This blog idea sounded good a week ago and now I've forgotten most of what I wanted to say
  • The discussions at Beer Tie this month were mostly about planning salmon and steelhead trips
  • Water temps are cooling down and the fish will start actively feeding more
  • River vegetation is going to start to die back
  • Orvis will send out Orvis Days reminders soon
  • The summer buzz cut is growing out
  • Acorns all over the sidewalk
  • The American shad fry are starting to school up and the bass (LM, SM, Striped) are gorging on them.


 I've been watching this video

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics