Friday, July 11, 2014

Preparing For ICAST/IFTD 2014

It is that time of year again for The International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST) and International Fly Tackle Dealer Show (IFTD). This year we are all going to Orlando. I rarely leave the area due to my work schedule ( I do have a trip to Charleston, SC planned with my ladies next month).

I plan on doing a massive podcast from this event. Instead of bringing my dodgy net book with its long cord and microphone I will bring a digital hand-held recorder.

I picked up an adapter for the  mic but there is not enough power. I plan on having this with me at all times during my week in Orlando. You never know who you will bump into at the show, hotel, restaurant, airport, pisser, etc. 

I've got my Chaco flips all ready to go and cleaned. If you read the Field & Stream blog you know that Kirk approves the Nikwax sandal cleaner. Mine now no longer smell of the Potomac and smell fresh and clean.

I've got several boxes of business cards to pass out and will hopefully trade for more. Networking networking networking.

We'll see what is new for 2015, how the 2014 products were received, see what is new, notable, and of course I'll have crossover brands.

I would love to do some fishing while down there but don't think I'll have time and want to pack light anyhow.

Do you have a smart phone? If so, be sure to download the ICAST app.You can use that to find me at the show and I'll be sure to get you interviewed. The app is really well thought out and I have favored about 75 for sure booths I need to visit. The podcast will start with the first booth on the right and end up on the far left. It'll take at least two days to walk everything and then I'll go back and get more.

I'll be wearing a red North Face backpack if that helps you find me. 

Lets all give Producer Jason a pre-round of applause for putting all the audio files together.

Be sure to follow my adventures on Twitter @RobSnowhite and on Instagram RobSnowhite

If you want to give me a free foot rub after the show each night I'll buy you a  pint.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics