Friday, February 8, 2013

Bed Bath & Beyond DIY Fly Fishing Gear | Thats Crazy

I'm always looking for a safe and organized manner to store my fly rod tubes at home. I have a bunch of rods as I'm a guide. I built a box and drilled holes in it but that took up space. I've stored them in the guest room shower (wife didn't approve). I have put them under the bed (wife didn't approve). Most recently I used a tall cardboard box. The box would topple over. Meh. We live in a small condo so space and organization are very important.

I was doing some closet and storage unit cleaning over the summer and came across a load of storage bags for those tailgate chairs we have.

We've had a lot of drunken fun at DC United Tailgates and a lot of the chairs have been broken and trashed. Yet we always kept the bags. I had the idea to use the bags to store my multi-piece rods. And you know what, it works.  You know, the cheap chairs you get at Dicks, K-Mart, & Bed Bath & Beyond. They collapse and go into these bags.
 
The bags have a handle or shoulder strap. They even come with a cinch thing on the side.





You know about cinching. Don't pretend:


Here is the bag with several varieties of rod tubes


A few years ago I was trying to figure out a safe and clean way to store my reels. I gots a lot of reels and spools. We used to get free reels and spools from the shop during inventory. I got that DXR Tarpon reel from Orvis. Its spooled with 10wt line. I'll probably never use it but its neat to have.

Anyway, I was pondering what to use and I came up with one of those over-the-door shoe holders. Off it was to Bed Bath & Beyond to get one. Of course I brought my 20% off coupon (don't forget, you can use those at Babies R Us).

Got some more budget friendly DIY ideas? Yea, I know you steal those milk crates from behind the store. What else you got?

4 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

This was a good suggestion that you put up here...dude…..hope that it benefits all the ones who land up here. 

Fishing Supplies

Just read your article. Good one. I liked it. Keep going. you are a best writer your site is very useful and informative thanks for sharing! Go for the best quality product possible and research before purchasing one. Wasting money is not something anyone likes, better spend sometimes on research and get the right best fishing reel.

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics