What does an urban fly fishing geek need with digital camo anyway? Its not like I'm the target audience for digital camo products anyway (though Orvis thinks so as I do have their digi camo shoulder sling). Why not look for one that has graffiti on it or pigeon patterns. Heck, it should be concrete patterned right? Well I happen to like the digital camo.
A few weeks back I stopped off at Bass Pro Shops. I walked around the hunting section and didn't see any digi camo neck covers. I picked up their fall hunting catalog on the way out. I got home and flipped through the pages.
It didn't take me long to find the Sitka Gear page. I was familiar with the company as they are an option on ProGuideDirect.- click the link, make a purchase, I get commission. I noticed they had a digital forest camo neck gator. I stopped in Bass Pro a few days later and looked at it. I had to get it. The cost is reasonable and I plan on wearing this article of clothing a lot. Again, not the target audience but it works and I like it and I think you will too!
It has the following features:
- A simple design that can be used for many things. Pull it up just over the bridge of your nose as a face mask, leave it loose around your neck to keep the sun off, or pull it up high in the front and back for added warmth
- A small slit for your mouth makes it possible to still use your calls easily while silver scent inhibiting technology keeps your scent minimized
- Fabric Details: Polyester bi-component fabric
- Colors: OPTIFADE™ Open Country concealment, OPTIFADE™ Forest concealment (I prefer Forest --> )
- Sizes: One size fits most
- Weight: 1.54 oz.
- Price: $25.00
I'm looking forward to wearing the Bandit this winter as I fish for steelhead across the Great Lakes and carp along the Potomac. The nose slit will allow me to breathe with out fogging up my Costas.
I'll have to give a second review when the temps are super cold. Today was pleasant out. I'll put it to the grind in a few weeks off of Lake Ontario.
If you want to pick one up, please go through ProGuideDirect. Mention my name so I can receive commission.