Monday, November 8, 2010

People That Are Doing It | Fly Fishing | Oprah & Gayle

Read about it on
About.com
Field & Stream via Deeter
Grossenbacher Guides 
Oprah's site
Oprah's video

My brother and I camped in Yosemite in 1996. I wasn't feeling too great and decided not to fish the Merced river. We were along the river in the early morning before the sun lit up the canyon. Big drakes filled the air. Since I didn't get a chance to fish the river, I figured I could fish it vicariously through Oprah and Gayle.

I was hoping for a longer segment. I'm sure they were out much longer than portrayed on the show. Maybe tell the audience a bit about their experience, the guides they worked with, the technique, explain what a dry fly was, etc. Not just a short casting segment with funnies thrown in - like the Andy Griffith (gnat?) songs playing as they walked to the river. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics