Friday, October 1, 2010

Weekend Preview

October is here. The keg fridge has a pale ale and a selection of ciders. Nom Nom Nom. There is an apple-cinnamon candle burning and it smells good. This is normally when I am preparing for fishing with Joe for chrome.

I'm starting off my weekend by figuring out how to attach a license plate to my boat trailer. There is no license plate holder on the trailer. Then its an afternoon of tying flies for this weekend and for Chase Hoover.  I will then film some knot tying for a video podcast.

Tomorrow is a full day at Beaver Creek, Maryland with Project Healing
Waters.



Larry Coburn nets a rainbow trout on snowy Beaver Creek near Hagerstown. The stream makes for good fishing in winter or summer. Larry Coburn nets a rainbow trout on snowy Beaver Creek near Hagerstown. The stream makes for good fishing in winter or summer. (By Angus Phillips For The Washington Post) 
 
 
 



Sunday will find me fishing from the boat in Reston and Gravelly Point. There is a lot of water in our lakes, ponds, and the Potomac. We will have to fish tidal sections where water should be sucked out and back to normal at a faster rate. Cold temps are here and the stripers will be picking up soon.

I have spoken to Dan Davala, Certified Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF) Casting Instructor to pursue my casting instruction. I will thus be better able to convey casting instruction and help others improve their skills.

Ok, time to go to Home Depot and the gas station.

1 comments:

This kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics