Thursday, September 30, 2010

Its About Time We Got Some Rain

Forrest Gump: One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night... Fast Forward To 2:09



Its a rainy day here in NOVA. dr jones is rather upset at being wet from his morning walk around the neighborhood. THW wore my wellies when she walked him. She has not worn those in months. Basil seedlings have sprouted.

I have spent the morning trying to get a hold of this weekend's clients. Most are signed up to fish the Potomac and its tributaries. These sections will be flooded and unfishable. I don't mind fishing in the rain like today, however, the chance of lightening is not good. Who wants to walk around in a storm holding a nine foot lightening rod?



I am moving this weekends clients to Gravelly Point to fish out of the drift boat. I am hoping that the duck pond will drain faster and we will be able to fish some clear water as it drains into the main stem of the Potomac.

In other news, THW made me shave off the mustache. I kind of liked it. It was in honor of Thomas Magnum aka Magnum P.I. I think she is a Rick or TC fan and not a fan of Thomas.

I am now going to spend the rest of the afternoon tying flies and cleaning. I'm going to France for dinner tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
weebly reliable statistics